Friday, September 11, 2009

Nine - Eleven


****DISCLAIMER**** Any commentary made here is not meant to hurt or insult anyone, in any way, shape or form. I understand that I am choosing to make a comment on a very emotional subject. My views are that of a canine, which at all cost tries to be happy. Please understand that this blog is for entertainment purposes only and is not meant to be any direct statement of personal opinion of that of my human or anyone else, they are just dog thoughts. We that I leave you and begin my blog for today with a blessing: if you or anyone you know and love has been effective by 9-11 may you find a way through to your inner peace.****



My human was watching the news this morning. They were interviewing a man who said he felt it was his duty to "Remember" the fallen. That he didn't like holidays filled with BBQ's and parades. That memorials and memorial day was to give recognition to those that gave their lives. I understood him, simply he was correct.

The news media keep asking him somber questions almost like they were "trying" to find the horror in it all again. Saying things like "this is such a sad day, such an emotional day, such a sober day awful day" That I didn't get. Not that I don't understand (read above disclaimer) however just because someone chooses to remember a late person on memorial day, 9-11 or any other day of the year isn't necessarily a reason to still feel a victim.

Let me give you an example. Okay so say you know a dog and then you don't see him for a long time but someone brings your clothes in for the dog to sniff and they get all excited just by the smell. (That's memory) Or how about the number of times they took me over to Granny's house and then Granny moves but I visit their 6 months later and I get all goofy and over wag my tail looking for her. (That to is my memory.)

See dogs remember and typically speaking we are happy, excited. I know there are those exceptions where 2 dogs have been together for a long period of time and then one passes away and the other is miserable the rest of his life. But those are the few in the ground and we refer to them as sad and lonely or neurotic or some other not so pleasant word.

I just want people to heal with pride, to remember the brave and remember the more then few who did so needlessly lose their lives.

So in order to help us all heal and get our own tails wagging. Remember. Remember the smiles, the spirit or how you were touched by an individual while they were hear on this earth. Remember how people who didn't know people all pulled for each other. Remember the patriotism and how infectious it was. Remember the glory that came out of tragedy. Remember the good.

Each of us are still blessed to be under the protection of the United States of America.

Emma Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment