Monday, September 14, 2009

Canine Human


I am not sure if it is because I am a therapy dog or just because my human can't seem to go anywhere without me, but I do a lot of things you humans do. It has served to make me well adjusted and behave with integrity through numerous situations that might throw a less seasoned dog into turmoil. However today someone called me human.


I know they meant well but I have never been so insulted. Don't take that the wrong way, if I was human I would love to called human. But I am dog and there for prefer the term canine.


This is were so many pet vs. person relationships go bad. It is more then okay that you love me with all of your heart. It is perfect that you hug and play with me. I even like it when you introduce me as your "furry child." Baby talk as much as you want just understand, I am not you.


I am dog. I need direction. I need discipline. I need exercise. I need food. I need love. All the stuff you give are extra and icing on my cake. But if you want me to be a canine human, treat me like a well seasoned dog!


No comments:

Post a Comment