Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Life and Death

I am a biker dog and following in the footsteps of many bikers before me, I offer a paw in hopes that I can be of some assistance.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Life and Death, how much ying verses yang can you ask for? How can one thing have opposite sides of the coin be true and poignant at the same time? How can such pain be associated with such happiness?

Happiness? I though this blog was titled, "Life and Death." Where is the happiness in that? Well my friend you are not looking at it from my point of view.

If you are a human who has lost a dog, or any other close pet, you know the pain, you understand the pain, the pain you can relate too. I do not need to fill you in on that. But you don't understand the happiness, you don't feel the gratitude, you can not connect to it in any way. I am here to share from the canine point of view.

I am still alive but I know what my life is like. Since the day my human came into my life, my life has been grand. I am loved. I am healthy. I get blankets, pillows and beds. I have had toys, treats and special dinners. I get taken to the park, vacation and grandmas. I am SO accepted and I am not human. I am SO appreciated. I am SO loved. My human, just like you, treats me with love and respect every single day. And we it is my time to go, I will not have known hunger at her hands. I will not have known abuse. I will not have known loneliness. I will not have known abandonment. We, the dogs and pets of people who love and treat us with respect, we are the fortunate ones. We have the ability to live a charmed life, a healthy life, a desired life, a happy life.

And even thought it may be one of your most difficult moments in your life. I want you to know that all I associate my life with, is happiness!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---- --- --- --- ---- --- --- --- ---

A friend of my Mom's has a dog who passed away this week. It made my Mom and I cry. Our lives are so much shorter than that of the human existence and it is almost certain that you will probably see us go before you. As hard emotionally as it is, know that it is okay to feel the pain. As long as hear me when I say, "We all thank you, all of us animals of humans who care, we all thank you. We were happy and were want you to know that.."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

With Compassion, Emma Zen & her Human.

No comments:

Post a Comment