Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Inner Linus (A plea from a dog)


This weekend I heard about an organization who collects unwanted blankets from humans and gives them out for free to the doggies and other animal who have found themselves in shelter.

I have already done my due to advocate for this charity, which included posting it all over facebook, twitter and myspace. I think my human is even going to add it to my website. A good deeds, needs recognition.

This post however is meant to say "Thank You" to those that support such services and is let those humans who may not understand how important such simple things in life are even to me, a dog.

A Blanket, my kingdom for a blanket. I have my own blanket now or shall I say, I have my own blanket(s)! I know them to be my place verse mine. I know them to be comfort verse comfortable. I know them to be safe verse safety. A blanket is so much more then warmth. The minute you get your own blanket you get your own stability! You get your own balance! You get your own dogness!

I know I am blessed and fortunate but so many are not. I remember that despair, that sorrow, that loneliness. Please support causes that help others or take a blanket to your nearest animal shelter. The difference is life with compassion or life with none. A life worse then death.

Human efforts make ALL differences, your the only one who can.

No comments:

Post a Comment