Saturday, April 24, 2010

SEEING is beautiful


I have an advantage as dog for I can not video tape, I can not hold a camera heck I can not hold a phone. My eyes are my lenses and my memories are my pictures.

I heard my human tell a story about the first time she went to Italy. After her return she had hundreds of pictures and years later it was those pictures she remember not the experience of that first trip. She is lucky, she returned many times.

I do understand the concept of what is coming tomorrow. I only understand today.

Today was beautiful. Technicolor. That is what I believe you call it. The greens where so light they looked fake and trees came in orange and white and red. Mustard weed field fields with yellow and the air with sweet aroma. Orange fields, the Apple fields looked as good as they smelt. Raccoons crossed the street and the sky was abundant with birds. The unfamiliar sound of hooves on pavement lead way to the smells of a horse. The winds were gentle, the sun warm upon my fur and my paws tingling cold with feel of the snow. Today was an experience I saw with my eyes and I heard with my ears and I smelt with my snout and I touched with my pads and I tasted when I eat. Today was beautiful

Try to be as nature intended once in awhile. Put down your camera, stop talking outwards and let what be in. For all that I am, I am made of my experience and they linger as long as your film.

I have an advantage, I know seeing is beautiful.


"What touches us, lingers." Emma Zen!

1 comment: