Monday, April 12, 2010

It wasn't me


Last week I witnessed something that was sure different this week in my own house. You see, last week Mom and I walked into a friends house, with the friend and she saw this bowl of flowers on the floor shattered and laying in the water on her wooden floors and the first words out of her mouth were, "Baxter, What did you do!!!" She was mad. Me and Mom just sat quietly in the corner while she cleaned up and stayed out of her way. While Baxter sort of slumped in the corner.

Today while I was home alone the shower door shattered into a million pieces, literally. They were all the way down the hall. When Mom walked in she said in her normal calm voice "Em Emm where you at?" and up I walked and she hugged me and asked me if I was okay?

Here within lays the difference. Not the difference in a dog (Baxter reminds innocent until proven guilty and the cat wasn't talking.) but the difference between humans. Not that one is good and one is bad. But one lives not looking for someone to blame all the time. I am not here to explain all of that, it is for you yourself to learn how to live happy and free. But I do want to point out that your state of mind does make a difference in how you see me or see your own dog.

So if you fall into Baxter's Moms situation, I have one thing to say. In doing your best to take care of your animals, take better care of yourself. It trickles down, believe me!

Emma Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment