Friday, April 2, 2010

The Day After


Ever have a day so exciting? Or a day you had just been looking forward to for a long time? And then the next day comes.... How do you feel?

If you feel down, is it because you thought the excitement was over? Is it because you lack anticipation? Why is it that looking forward is more exhilarating then looking at today?

I think it is that basic desire to want, to crave, to yearn. That keeps you humans looking ahead. I too have the ability to foresee. Teach me how to do a trick and reward me at the end and soon I will be doing tricks on my own without any commands given. I too anticipate.

The difference? Canines are looking at what's going to happen in 10 minutes, not in 10 days. So start writing the "big" stuff on the calendar and mark 4 days before it happens as the day you can start to say "hooray". Next time make it 3 days before, then two and finally one. I think a day or two before, if all humans could do that they would multiple their happiness by a thousand.. For when your not off in the future you find happiness in today!

Today, I went to dog park, had a bath, tested new agility equipment, took a funny picture, took a nap, meet a little dog named Chico that was black with a small white mark on his chest (not to friendly thought) and play with my GrandMEM, all before dinner. I am so glad I wasn't in next week!

Emma Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment