Thursday, April 1, 2010

Responsiblity


If I were a human, today I would be stressed. I have an exciting engagement the type you need to prepare for and I have a new venture the type that takes planning and outlook. If I were human, my fur would be falling out.

But, I am dog! I act as if nothing is different. No pressure, no expectation of others or self. I am just, dog. I know the difference for I am the one actively participating in today's event. On the other paw, it is just what I do and no different from any other day I do the same thing. My piece of mind? Well, it's a peace!

Seams to me to be a lesson in that, something humans could take or learn from. How do I do it? By not doing whatever it is you people do. So just stop. It is always the little stuff that is the hardest or the last thing you remember to see. Just stop. Stop stressing, stop putting pressure on yourselves and stop expectations. How do you do that? Redirection, a training technique that works on canines. Every time you get distracted I suggest you sing yourself a little song, "I am dog, I am dog, I am dog." Bet you can't sing and smile and stress at the same time.

Then as yourself you can do your thing. If you are stressed your going to show up as someone different and they may not like that person as well. (Did I just say that?) Anyhow, just sing, just stop and just be at peace!

Not that I am barking out orders or anything, just a thought.

Emma Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment