Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's all in our heads


So today Mom and I were in the car sitting patiently in the driveway of a gas station in the ready to exit position. The cars in the first lane were at a stop due to the light. Then car two inched up as close as possible to car one, anxiously starting back and forth at us as if it were one for all race for second position. Mom and I just sat there.

We weren't going to go anywhere so we sat there while she rubbed my head and then all of a sudden, "honkkkkkkk" a car screamed. We looked up and there was car three, completely inpatient, constantly looking at us like we weren't in enough of a hurry to take the now mile long space she was offering.

Mom noticed. One person did the wrong thing or a mean thing at least, and one person try to attempt a nice move. However both people were in the same head.

Dogs, unfortunately suffer from this too. See tell me to sit and stay and I am find. Have my Mom leave the room and I look good on the outside but on the inside "I'm Panicking!" It all in our heads too.

I don't think actions speak louder than words: I think it's all in our heads. Don't aim for perfection just be aware and they aiming for more often then not, they could be a great improvement for many. I am not perfect either I suffer from the same internal chatterm however my episode seam to few and far between in comparsion to your kind. So I suggest, when your listening to your head you stop and put your dog, it may give you a different perspective and allow you sit where you are in peace.

Emma

1 comment: