Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A ride Around the World


Yesterday was the beginning of January 2012, the 2nd to be exact. I was on a motorcycle ride and was a the overlook above Palm Springs CA. My Human and I were sitting on the ground in a tiny piece of shade against a wall, just barely out of sight of the motorcycle and sidecar itself.

A young lady approached with a small child and started telling the child about her father who rode in a motorcycle with a sidecar just like this, except for her story was different, her Dad took with him his beloved pet!?!?!?

My Human and I got up and introduced herself and I followed. The lady begin her story. How her father in the 1940's set off from Italy with his dog at his side and traveled their part of the world together on their motorcycle. He eventually ended up in India, the dog had passed away somewhere on the road and the Dad buried the pet in the sand. It was her fathers most outstanding tale.

A biker dog man in the 1940's! Oh those that come before us! I thought my Human was going to tear up, she so totally understood his feelings here so many years later. There is always someone that came before us and instead of thinking you are the first and special it is more of a distinguished feeling to know you are part of something bigger.

It gives me and my Human great honor to be apart of something that even this lady's father understood so many years ago. We remind in a moment of silence to acknowledge who he was and what he did and a little bit of the why he did it too. And then ride on being proud to call myself, A BIKER DOG!

Emma Zen and her Human, Debra Jo

2 comments:

  1. Right place at the right time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this story. <3 Emma Zen!

    ReplyDelete