Friday, January 27, 2012

If I were President by an 11 year old


Out of the mouth's of babes. Today I overheard a conversation with an eleven year old about what she would change if she were President. And she said,"Well first of all I would make all shelters, no kill. Then I would make some kind of rule where all the people that worked in shelters had to "like" animals instead of just having a job. That way you'd hear people say "good dog" instead of mumbling and looking down at a piece of paper when you asked about a dog in the cage. I think that the shelters should be first and pet stores should be second." When asked what she meant she explained, "Shelters should be in the mall where people could see them first and then if anyone wanted a pet store dog they would have to drive farther away. I don't understand why dogs that need a home the most are the ones that are somewhere other than were all the people are?" (Whoa) People who work in shelters should work with the breed they like, instead of one person working with all the dogs and then not giving them love because they are afraid of one kind of dog or something like that. And when you go to get a dog you should have to sit down with a lady and tell them how many people live in your house and how much you are home and then they should match you up with a dog. Instead of walking through and getting a cute dog that turns out to not be too good for you. That is what I would do if I were President." I asked if I could post this story if I keep her name out of it and she said yes but seriously I am voting for an eleven year old for President!

No comments:

Post a Comment