Saturday, November 7, 2009

A new view


***This posting is from my humans point of view.***

We have a visitor in our home, her name is Shania and she belongs to my husbands son. She is a 12 year old, old, Labrador with very shaking movements, overweight and stiff little legs. (okay the legs aren't so little)Emma is so sensitive and I thought it was going to be hard for her to have another dog in the house even if only for a few days. 2 years against 12, youth against age, energy against exhausted. Who knew this would happen: in the past 48 hours I have watched Emma step aside for her. Emma watched as the old dog looked and looked for a place to lay down. And then she got up out of her bed and went over by the door and laid down. Shania took the bed and looked as comfortable as anything you can imagine. It was almost like Emma knew she was old and not well... So many many moments like this and I am getting ready to rush out the door I wish I could list them all. But at least I saw, and can pass off enough her to say. We as humans, we could so learn from our dogs!

In the eyes of a human...
Debra Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment